Replacing Fluorescent Light Fixture with LED
Save with NaturaLux™ light filters instead
If you have thought about changing your office, classroom, or retail environment by replacing fluorescent light fixtures with LED lighting, there are more affordable alternatives to consider. Why not invest in NaturaLux™ light filters from Make Great Light to transform your indoor lighting into full-spectrum, daylight-quality light?
Make Great Light, headquartered in Minnesota, sells NaturaLux™ fluorescent and LED light filters and covers that were invented by an eye specialist with over 30 years of experience in vision care. We are female-owned, veteran-owned, and our filters are made in the USA.
What is Full-Spectrum Lighting?
In general, full-spectrum lighting refers to lighting that copies the light spectrum of natural daylight. In other words, the lights are trying to look as much like regular outside daylight as possible. This light is not “daylight” color. It is clear, brilliant, white light and mimics the color of midday sunlight.
NaturaLux™ light covers are designed to color-correct and color-balance the light, emulating the same colors found in natural light and making you feel like you’ve been out in the sunshine all day.
They are designed to sit atop or inside existing light panels, metallic louvers, or diffusers. Once properly installed, they will stay in place and filter the light for many years to come, from re-lamping to re-lamping.
Fluorescent vs. LED Lighting
Lighting plays an important role in workplace safety, worker productivity, student and teacher health, and the comfort and shopping experience of customers.
Today, two of the most common types of lighting for offices, classrooms, retail stores, and other commercial applications are light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- LED lighting produces the same amount of light as incandescent or fluorescent lighting but uses less energy or watts.
- Fluorescent lights are more energy efficient than incandescent lights, but LEDs are even more energy efficient than fluorescents.
- Fluorescent lights have a reputation for flickering, which can be irritating to employees and customers and cause eye strain and headaches. LED lights also flicker.
- The upfront cost of LED fixtures is generally higher than comparable incandescent and fluorescent lighting solutions.
- The average life expectancy of LED lighting is 50,000+ hours, while that of fluorescent lighting is 10,000-15,000 hours.
- Fluorescent lights are ideal for lighting large rooms such as warehouses where focused light is not needed. LED lights are more well-suited to directional lighting that focuses on a specific area.
- Fluorescent bulbs contain small amounts of mercury that can be toxic if the bulb breaks. LEDs do not contain mercury or harmful gases.
- Our eyes perceive LED light as white light, but it is actually a colored light converted to white light. LED lights emit light from the blue and violet end of the visible light spectrum and are very unlike natural light.
- Research indicates that fluorescent and LED lights can be responsible for various health-related issues such as eyestrain and headaches,
Instead of spending time and money replacing fluorescent light fixtures with LED lighting, consider a less expensive alternative – NaturaLux™ fluorescent and LED light filters and covers. Discover the many benefits at the Make Great Light website. Use our online contact form or call us at 612-399-6484 to learn more.
Lighting affects more parts of our lives than we tend to realize. The right lighting can improve the appearance of
Now more than ever, companies have been increasingly committed to providing a healthy workplace. While much of the focus over the years has been on posture and position, experts have come to realize that lighting plays a crucial role in a healthy and productive work environment.